Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ballard - Adams Neighborhood







Yesterday, my pastry-loving pal and I took a walk in Ballard. We started at 14th Avenue NW and NW 51st and walked 2.8 miles. We parted at the bus stop at Market and 15th where I caught the Number 15 for a short ride downtown.

With the exception of NW 56th Street, all the streets we walked were primarily commercial or industrial. 56th had large complexes (condos or apartments).

This neighborhood is the heart of Ballard and we saw a restaurant in an old fire house, holistic-type health businesses in an old library building and flags and sculptures in the square (which is really a triangle). We passed many interesting shops and restaurants on charming, tree-lined, cobblestone streets.

We stopped at Fresh Flours on Ballard Avenue for delicious pastries. This was a really enjoyable walk and I look forward to returning to complete the streets I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment