Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alki and Genesee Neighborhoods

There were many lovely residential streets to see during today's 9.2 mile walk in the Alki and Genesee neighborhoods of West Seattle. I filled in streets I had not already walked 48th and 58th Avenues SW from SW Spokane to SW Hudson Street.

I was treated to views of Mount Rainier, the Olympics

and Puget Sound.

I walked along peaceful streets,

passed the closed Genesee Hill School and admired a small P-Patch in its school yard.






I admired lovely gardens, rockeries and garden art. (I did not attempt to fish in Eagle Creek.)

A few houses provided boxes of sidewalk chalk.


I climbed a few hills and spotted a staircase

and a sign for Covestone Sculptural Moldings.

Gardeners, dog walkers, joggers, tradespeople and walkers all smiled as I passed them by on this enjoyable walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment