Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

North Queen Anne

I really needed a map today as I navigated some curving streets in North Queen Anne. I took a 7.8 mile walk along streets between 7th and 15th Avenues W from W Ruffner Street to Gilman Drive W.

The streets I walked were hilly and residential (I did not walk along 15th) with houses near the top of the hill being grander and with apartments closer to 15th. I was starting to think that I would only see tidy houses and gardens until I came to Saint Margaret of Scotland Catholic Church whose Polish congregation had erected a statue of Pope John Paul II (the first Polish pope)

and a shrine to the Blessed Mother.

Near SPU, I noticed a lot of parking restrictions;


from the top of the hill, I could see the cruise ships on Elliott Bay;

from 14th, I looked down Interbay Athletic Field;

I didn't have to look too far to find staircases - some quite long.










I saw yard art,


and Fire Station 20,

heard water running through a garden

and observed trees that will be cut down and replaced.









This area is home to Inn of Twin Gables Bed and Breakfast


and a house that has been named Sleepy Hollow.


No comments:

Post a Comment