Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

North Queen Anne and the Ballard Bridge












I saw quite a bit of Seattle's working waterfront today as I took a 6.2 mile walk in the North Queen Anne neighborhood and crossed the Ballard Bridge. I walked streets from 6th to 15th Avenue W between W Bertona and Salmon Bay.



Walking north across the bridge, I was welcomed to Ballard. There was a steady stream of traffic on the bridge and I saw another walker and a repair crew.








I observed, working boats, crew teams and pleasure craft. I had to stop when the bridge opened for a sailboat with a tall mast.





Underpasses and overpasses took me back to Queen Anne where I walked near the waterfront observing the Ship Canal Trail (walking and biking) as it paralleled some old railroad tracks and ran through Foss (maritime) facilities.


Climbing up the hill, I entered a residential area with steep streets and lots of staircases. Homes got grander the higher I climbed.

Along the way, I passed a Pacific Science Center Exhibit Shop, a Rapid Ride Stop (the King County website indicates that service on this D Line will start in the fall of 2012),






some lovely gardens



and what looked like the end of the railroad line.


I got a real workout on the hills and staircases.

No comments:

Post a Comment