Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Capitol Hill North and Southeast of Volunteer Park

Yesterday, my art admiring amigo and I went to the Seattle Asian Art Museum (SAAM) to see the Painting Seattle exhibit. We walked about 4.8 miles but I'm only counting .5 miles towards my walking goal because I'd walked most of the streets already.





We started out from the museum and walked north to Lake View Cemetery, which really does have a beautiful view of Lake Washington. We walked around looking for Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves. I had read that there were almost always fresh flowers on the graves and there were.

Next we went north to the GAR Cemetery which I have mentioned in an earlier posting. Then we walked south along 15th to Thomas and across to 19th. Along the way, we spotted a house with interesting artwork on its facade and Meany Middle School.

We walked north on 19th to Aloha where we stopped and had a great lunch at Vios Cafe. Finally, we returned to the SAAM for a great visit and an enjoyable exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment