Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Roosevelt

3.5 miles doesn't cover a lot of territory on a Seattle map but can offer diversity.

On July 3rd, my husband and I strolled in the Roosevelt neighborhood. We walked streets between I-5 and 15th Avenue NE from 64th to 73rd Street.

Roosevelt Way NE is commercial and houses Whole Foods and a QFC grocery store as well as many small shops.

A large part of this neighborhood is occupied by Roosevelt High School and its sports fields.





















Calvary Christian Assembly takes up an entire block.











Many properties west of 12th have the look of rental housing but streets east of 12th are better cared for.




We followed a few streets under I-5 and wound up in the Green Lake neighborhood.

I will return to walk Roosevelt Way and check out its many shops and restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment