Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

North Roosevelt and South Maple Leaf















Last Wednesday, my husband and I returned to the Roosevelt and Maple Leaf neighborhoods for a 5.6 mile walk. We walked streets between NE 70th and 80th from I-5 to 12th NE.

These neighborhoods are close to I-5 but still have some lovely residential streets where gardening is taken seriously.















Crossing I-5 at 70th, we saw one of Seattle's many staircases.

This area is home to the Apostolic Faith Church (whose large reader board greets southbound Roosevelt travelers), the Fairview Christian Church and School, a Safeway store, a Mexican restaurant (at 80th and Roosevelt)






and a City Light substation.







At the corner of 80th and 11th, we spotted a house with lots of carousel animal decorations.



The biggest surprise was Rainbow Point Park, a small patch of greenery overlooking I-5 at 75th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment