Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

North College Park South of NSCC
















Today, I returned to North Seattle Community College and walked the streets south of the campus. I took a 5.9 mile walk along the streets from N 85th to N 92nd Street from Burke Avenue N to I-5 plus a few streets north and west of this area.

The streets closest to I-5 do not have sidewalks, are hillier and had more puddles than those further west. These streets also had a lot of skinny houses.

There is a sound wall next to I-5 in this area and homes are built right up to the wall.

I saw quite a few people jogging and lots of students getting on and off buses. I also saw lots of bicycle signs but no bicyclists on this rainy day.

I attempted to walk along N 85th Street between Meridian and I-5. There was no sidewalk but I could see a faint path through the grass so I went as far as I safely could but would never try to walk across the I-5 overpass - it would be too dangerous.

Bishop Blanchet High School is on the south side of N 85th and there is a staircase at N 88th just west of Meridian.

Close to I-5, traffic noise is ever present but once I was as far west as Burke Avenue N, it felt like a different neighborhood.

At 92nd and College Way, there are eight skinny houses, made to look like San Francisco homes. They have Victorian styles and colors but are fully detached so they are very skinny. I walked around the block looking to see where parking might have been provided and found garages in an alley behind the houses - there did not appear to be any backyards.

There were enough nice gardens and garden art to make this an enjoyable walk in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment