Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

North Beacon Hill

Today's walk was short (4.1 miles) but it covered the streets I had missed in North Beacon Hill. There is building going on along these streets near 15th and 16th north of S College Street and some along the streets east of 16th.

I noted lots of boxy looking modern homes and a few proposed land use action posters. One proposed to replace a single family home with two 3-unit townhouses; another proposed subdividing a lot to allow three units. Both mentioned an urban village overlay.

The streets I walked were residential with the exception of a trophy store and a driving school on 15th. 15th and 16th are close to the top of the hill and the land slopes off quite steeply between 16th and 17th.

Through-streets are replaced by dead-ends and staircases. I climbed the 57 steps of this one between 16th and 17th on S Hill Street.

At the top, I spotted a memorial to Patricia Richert which asks that we fashion our lives as a garland of beautiful deeds.

The Beacon Bluff P-Patch is between 14th and 15th at Massachusetts.

Even when I'm not expecting to find anything new, I'm always surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment