Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

UW Campus/University District (4 walks)

This week found me back on the UW campus so a I took a few walks (totaling 13.8 miles) in the area.

On the campus, I passed student housing, some food trucks (which always had lines of customers), Husky Stadium, Hec Ed Pavilion (now called Alaska Airlines Arena) and the IMA.




















































Off campus, I passed University Methodist Temple (and its daycare center), the U Book Store, Varsity Theater, the Post Office, Bulldog News, a Christian Science building, the Floyd and Delores Jones Playhouse and lots of UW support services buildings.

Near the University Bridge, I saw some streets where bikes appear to have overtaken cars
and the impressive Wall of Death.

I passed the Northlake Tavern, lots of staircases and, on Roosevelt, Hardwick's (purveyor of hard to find tools and hardware) and the Peace Park (which is on the Cheshiahud Loop around Lake Union).

There is much to see in the U District and it will take a few more walks to even suggest what's there.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos! I didn't know about the Wall of Death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had passed the Wall of Death many times but never looked up its history until working on this post. There is so much to learn about Seattle.

    ReplyDelete